Subject: bug#22891:

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:10:58 +0200

Hi!

> Here comes a new patch with both changes. Unless anybody complains, I will
> > push it to "master".
>
> The fix for bug#22891 should go into emacs-25.  Otherwise, we release code
> that worked for emacs 24.5.

I just pushed this to master. See
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=5b5403289888efe8783ae6a405845b925f544ec1
for details.

If you think this is important enough to go into emacs-25, please merge it
to that branch as well.

> Just a little concern: I just took a look at the Emacs lisp directory. I
> > estimate is that a majority (but no all) of calls to `window-width',
> > `window-text-width', and `window-body-width' really should be to
> > `window-max-chars-per-line'.
>
> These should be probably fixed on master.

I agree to 100% -- it will require quite an effort as someone will have to
look at each instance and check if the continuation glyph should be
included or not. (That "someone" won't be me, though.)

Constantine Vetoshev:

>  applied this patch to the emacs-25 branch (as of commit ccb75d7),
and it works. Thank you!

Thanks for testing and confirming!

    -- Anders