Subject: bug#22873: Can we support multiple Cursors?

From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 07:59:52 +0100

On 2016-03-05, at 00:16, Keith David Bershatsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I enjoy using the multiple cursors library written by Magnar Sveen,
> but often find myself taking advantage of the wait times to pour
> myself a cup of coffee while making edits with a few hundred fake
> cursors in a large buffer.  E.g., I will type the word I want inserted
> or tap the arrow key a few times in a particular direction and then
> walk away from the computer or surf the web while Emacs does its
> thing.  I often have to use `M-x replace-string` when dealing with
> large numbers of edits instead of using my preferred choice of
> multiple cursors.  Admittedly, I am using a slightly older customized
> version of Mr. Sveen's library -- but I don't think the basic
> functionality has changed all that much since I first started using
> it.

Out of curiosity: did you try iedit?  How does it compare wrt speed in
such extreme cases?  (If it's applicable at all, that is - it's way
simpler than multiple-cursors, of course.)

> Keith

Best,

-- 
Marcin Borkowski
http://octd.wmi.amu.edu.pl/en/Marcin_Borkowski
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science
Adam Mickiewicz University