Subject: Re: bug#22873: #22873 (multiple fake cursors); and, #17684 (crosshairs / fill-column).

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 05:00:02 +0200

Keith David Bershatsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> VERSION:  022.008 [05/02/2020]
>
> CHANGELOG:
>
> +(defgroup +-mode nil
> +  "Faces for the vertical ruler."
> +  :group 'convenience)

This is a huge patch set, and I have not tried it.  It seems like the
general consensus is that, yes, we would like to have multiple cursors,
but I'm not sure what this has to do with crosshairs?  I've just lightly
skimmed this thread, though...

Anyway, I'm not sure what the status is here.  The naming standard
doesn't seem to follow Emacs convention -- there's a mode called
`+-mode', for instance, which would have to be renamed...

Keith, is this still a work in progress, or is it something you think is
ready to go, and would like a code review on?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no