Subject: 24.5; 'C-h S' leads to inaccurate result

From: Shiyao Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 11:23:58 +0800

For the function `delete-char'.
'C-h S' takes me to:
(emacs)Top > Killing > Deletion and Killing > Deletion

However, it should go to:
(elisp)Top > Text > Deletion

Regards.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2015-10-25 on trouble, modified by Debian
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=no --without-gconf --without-gsettings 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  helm-push-mark-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading 00debian-vars...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50autoconf.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50cmake-data.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50python-docutils.el (source)...done
Turn on helm-projectile key bindings
Loading /home/introom/.emacs.d/cache/helm-adaptive-history...done
Loading term/xterm...done
6am is refreshing
C-c C-x C-g is undefined

Load-path shadows:
/home/introom/.emacs.d/lisp/bundle/helm-20160226.515/helm-multi-match hides
/home/introom/.emacs.d/lisp/bundle/helm-core-20160225.301/helm-multi-match
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/rst

Features:
(shadow sort my-mail mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils xterm
elisp-slime-nav help-mode etags my-conf my-python python json my-lisp
my-org finder-inf which-key my-editfns my-paste my-tmux my-helm
helm-ring helm-elisp helm-eval edebug eldoc helm-mode my-projectile
helm-projectile helm-files rx image-dired tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec dired-x dired-aux
ffap helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp
helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap helm-buffers helm-grep helm-regexp
helm-plugin helm-elscreen helm-utils helm-locate helm-help helm-types
helm cl-macs gv helm-source eieio eieio-core helm-multi-match helm-lib
dired projectile grep compile comint regexp-opt ansi-color ibuf-ext
ibuffer dash my-evil evil-leader evil evil-integration undo-tree diff
evil-maps evil-commands evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types
evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core
byte-opt advice help-fns evil-common windmove thingatpt rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars ring my-utils my-graphics use-package diminish
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv bind-key easy-mmode info tool-bar
easymenu package epg-config edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 261152 278018)
 (symbols 48 34742 86)
 (miscs 40 33 217)
 (strings 32 64423 168511)
 (string-bytes 1 1823292)
 (vectors 16 28574)
 (vector-slots 8 545442 111244)
 (floats 8 150 478)
 (intervals 56 272 79)
 (buffers 960 12)
 (heap 1024 61906 19303))