Subject: 24.5; (ELPA) adjust-parens: please add autoload cookie

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 23:48:40 +0100

I installed the adjust-parens package from ELPA, then added the
following to my Emacs configuration:

  (dolist (hook '(clojure-mode-hook emacs-lisp-mode-hook lisp-interaction-mode-hook))
    (add-hook hook 'adjust-parens-mode)))

then restarted Emacs.  On startup, Emacs beeped and showed an empty
frame,  `C-h e` showed no errors or unexpected messages, startup
messages were otherwise normal.

I worked around the problem by adding the following to my config:

  (autoload 'adjust-parens-mode "adjust-parens")

Please add an autoload cookie before `(define-minor-mode
adjust-parens-mode ...)` in adjust-parens.el

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-10 on foutrelis
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11801000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  multi-web-global-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  msb-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  view-mode: t

Recent messages:
[yas] Reloaded everything (snippets will load just-in-time)....
[yas] Loading for `lisp-interaction-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil (yas--load-directory-1 (quote /home/miki/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20160226.1359/snippets/lisp-interaction-mode) (quote lisp-interaction-mode)))!
[yas] Loading snippet files from /home/miki/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20160226.1359/snippets/lisp-interaction-mode
[yas] Loading for `emacs-lisp-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil (yas--load-directory-1 (quote /home/miki/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20160226.1359/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode) (quote emacs-lisp-mode)))!
[yas] Loading snippet files from /home/miki/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20160226.1359/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode
[yas] Loading for `prog-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil (yas--load-directory-1 (quote /home/miki/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20160226.1359/snippets/prog-mode) (quote prog-mode)))!
[yas] Loading snippet files from /home/miki/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20160226.1359/snippets/prog-mode
Loading /home/miki/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20160226.1359/snippets/prog-mode/.yas-setup...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.

Load-path shadows:
/home/miki/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160228.2144/helm-multi-match hides /home/miki/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160228.2236/helm-multi-match
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/SuperCollider/tree-widget hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/tree-widget

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message idna format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils mule-util
view eldoc hideshow adjust-parens elisp-slime-nav .emacs server
yasnippet cl saveplace imenu company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml
company-bbdb company-irony irony-completion irony-snippet irony
company-tern s ucs-normalize dash-functional finder-inf tern url-http
tls url-auth url-gw url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap wheatgrass-theme
delsel winner ring paren icomplete whitespace cua-base cus-start
cus-load shackle multi-web-mode flycheck find-func help-mode rx subr-x
seq dash company-quickhelp pos-tip company cl-macs gv pcase
quelpa-use-package advice quelpa package-build mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums json lisp-mnt
use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode slime-autoloads info easymenu
package epg-config ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs
cl-lib windmove msb time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 338477 9815)
 (symbols 48 31876 1)
 (miscs 40 119 131)
 (strings 32 58320 10097)
 (string-bytes 1 1728089)
 (vectors 16 45639)
 (vector-slots 8 816707 5775)
 (floats 8 439 204)
 (intervals 56 304 71)
 (buffers 960 13)
 (heap 1024 53926 2615))