Subject: Re: bug#22860: [PATCH] vc-hg: prompt for branch to merge

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 16:41:32 +0200

Hi Andrii,

The patch looks good to me. Some minor nits:

On 23.11.2019 22:15, Andrii Kolomoiets wrote:
> * etc/NEWS Mention changes of vc-hg.el

It's missing a colon after "NEWS" (":").

> +to the current repository).  On Mercurial, this prompts for argument to
> +pass to @command{hg merge}, with branch and tag names completion. The
> +output from running the merge command is shown in a separate buffer.

The fact that there is completion here is incidental. I'd omit that from 
this particular place in the manual.

> +*** The Hg (Mercurial) back-end now prompts for revision to merge on
> +'C-x v m' ('vc-merge').

Branch or revision? I understand that in practice the difference is 
minimal, but we should pick one or the other wording and use it 
consistently. Here, in the functions' docstrings, and in the prompt 
string as well.

I'd prefer "branch" since it's usually what someone merges, but saying 
"revision" everywhere should also be okay.