Subject: Re: 23.0.90; indeterminate X11 "standard dirs"

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:31:08 +0100

Am 11.02.2009 um 15:31 schrieb Chong Yidong:

> I don't know, off the top of my head,
> whether it's possible to extract the information that you want.

It once (beginning of October 2008) was the standard to report these  
details:

   Where do we find X Windows header files?                /usr/X11R6/ 
include
   Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   /usr/X11R6/ 
lib

When I pass --x-includes=/opt/local/include --x-libraries=/opt/local/ 
lib to configure it at least reports:

   Where do we find X Windows header files?                /opt/local/ 
include
   Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   /opt/local/ 
lib

Thinking a bit further on my problem, it seems to be adequate to  
state --x-includes=FOO --x-libraries=BAR on a system with more than  
one X11 installation instead of hoping that my compiler flags will  
work it out... But anyway, I would like to see a positive feedback/ 
report!

--
Greetings

   Pete

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary  
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
		-Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania.