Subject: bug#2285 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.90; during configuration unwanted preference of /usr/X11)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:35:06 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#2285: 23.0.90; during configuration unwanted preference of /usr/X11

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2285: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2285
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.90; during configuration unwanted preference of /usr/X11
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:33:38 -0500

> When I configure GNU Emacs the script has an unwanted preference of /
> usr/X11 as default of the X11 installation. On my system, Mac OS X
> 10.4.11 (Tiger), this is a non-standard (non-Apple) installation of a
> self-compiled X11R7.4

In that case, I suggest using the --x-libraries and --x-includes options
to configure.

Subject: 23.0.90; during configuration unwanted preference of /usr/X11
From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:45:03 +0100

Hello!

When I configure GNU Emacs the script has an unwanted preference of / 
usr/X11 as default of the X11 installation. On my system, Mac OS X  
10.4.11 (Tiger), this is a non-standard (non-Apple) installation of a  
self-compiled X11R7.4 (in Mac OS X 10.5, Leopard, it is the default;  
up to Tiger /usr/X11R6 is the default). Because of reasons I did not  
find yet any version of GNU Emacs built from a mix of /usr/X11 plus  
the usual /usr/X11R6 and /sw trees does not work, although the X11 I  
am running uses /usr/X11. So I have to rename /usr/X11 to /usr/X12,  
or such, that a useful GNU Emacs update gets configured.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, GTK+ Version 2.14.7)
  of 2009-02-11 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version  
11.0.10402000
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-pop' '-- 
with-dbus' '--with-libotf' '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/ 
Application Support/Emacs/calendar23:/Library/Application Support/ 
Emacs' 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig' 'CFLAGS=-Wno-pointer-sign -H -pipe - 
fPIC -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -fast -mpim-altivec -ftree-vectorize - 
foptimize-register-move -freorder-blocks -freorder-blocks-and- 
partition -fthread-jumps -fpeephole -fno-crossjumping' 'CXXFLAGS=-no- 
cpp-precomp -I/opt/local/include' 'CPPFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp -I/opt/ 
local/include' 'LDFLAGS=-dead_strip -multiply_defined suppress -L/opt/ 
local/lib' 'PKG_CONFIG=/opt/local/bin/pkg-config''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Man

Minor modes in effect:
   show-paren-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

--
Greetings

   Pete
               <\
                 \__     O                       __O
                 | O\   _\\/\-%                _`\<,
                 '()-'-(_)--(_)               (_)/(_)