Subject: bug#22846: 25.0.91; Long pauses viewing HTML email; can we show progress?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 15:32:42 +1100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 08:25:50 +1100
>> 
>> > Are you talking about delayed-warnings-list, delayed-warnings-hook,
>> > and display-delayed-warnings?
>> 
>> You can control the timeout and cancel the warnings automatically with
>> the delayed-warnings stuff?
>
> I don't know, I just mentioned the only feature that sounds like what
> you wanted.  It's supposed to be fully documented.

It kinda seems like it's doing the opposite of what I wanted.  :-)

-------

Sometimes, you may wish to avoid showing a warning while a command is
running, and only show it only after the end of the command.  You can
use the variable @code{delayed-warnings-list} for this.

@defvar delayed-warnings-list
The value of this variable is a list of warnings to be displayed after
the current command has finished.  Each element must be a list

@smallexample
(@var{type} @var{message} [@var{level} [@var{buffer-name}]])
@end smallexample

@noindent
with the same form, and the same meanings, as the argument list of
@code{display-warning} (@pxref{Warning Basics}).  Immediately after
running @code{post-command-hook} (@pxref{Command Overview}), the Emacs
command loop displays all the warnings specified by this variable,
then resets it to @code{nil}.
@end defvar

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no