Subject: Re: bug#22845: FYI: release soon

From: Rusty Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 10:34:56 +1030

Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> writes:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Jim Meyering wrote:
>>>
>>> I'll push this in the next day or so, so any improvements people
>>> can suggest in the mean time would be most welcome.
>>
>>
>> Thanks for doing all that.

Wow, thanks!  That made me do some digging for my old blog posts:

  <h2>Friday October 27 2000</h2>

  <p>Sent <a href="gzip.rsync.patch">rsyncable gzip patch</a> to the
  Debian gzip maintainer: he hasn't applied it yet AFAICT.  Turned out
  to be relatively trivial (I originally assumed that the size of the
  window for calculating when to reset the Huffman tables would be much
  larger than the internal 32k window; this is false, and a value of
  ~16k is fine).  Next step is to propose its use for .debs, then the
  world will be mine. Bwaahahaha!

Cheers!
Rusty.