Subject: "O" subjects persist, even though their bodies have been deleted by "E"

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 04:48:08 +0800

Do ESC 999999 RET in the Group buffer with cursor placed upon e.g.,
(nnml:)mail.misc .

[RET (translated from <return>) runs the command
gnus-group-select-group
If ALL is a positive number, fetch this number of the latest
articles in the group.]

You will see tons of "O" articles
that cannot be read and who knows why they should still be listed.

These are articles that I hit E on (making them marked as E) and more
than a week has passed. In fact years. Normally one never sees them
again, until one day I hit the above 999...

We read in
(info "(gnus) Expiring Mail")
‘E’
     Marked as expirable (‘gnus-expirable-mark’).

     Marking articles as "expirable" (or have them marked as such
     automatically) doesn’t make much sense in normal groups—a user
     doesn’t control expiring of news articles, but in mail groups, for
     instance, articles marked as "expirable" can be deleted by Gnus at
     any time.

‘O’
     Articles that were marked as read in previous sessions and are now
     "old" (‘gnus-ancient-mark’).

And in (info "(gnus) Expiring Mail") no mention of why Subjects will
remain whilst their bodies are gone.

So it must be a bug!

My configuration files can be seen in
http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/

P.S., the *Gnus Help Bug* buffer should be called *Gnus Bug Help*, or
mention within it why not.

Also in (info "(gnus) Expiring Mail") etc. please just use ASCII
"you'll have problems... don't really mix very well." because
"you’ll have problems... don’t really mix very well."
looks terrible.

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.6)
 of 2016-01-23 on x86-csail-01, modified by Debian