Subject: Re: bug#22819: 25.0.91; Don't try to indent region if the buffer is read-only

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 13:06:52 +0000

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 2:11 PM Noam Postavsky <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ah, well since you're replacing the interactive form, I suppose the
> replacement should then make sure to check the read-only status as
> well.
>
>    (interactive (progn (barf-if-buffer-read-only) ...))
>

The advice gets tricky because I want to add barf-if-buffer-read-only only
if the original fn's interactive form had "*".

I am using the same advice fn for eval-region and indent-region.. so I
don't need the barf fn call for eval-region.

@Eli: Based on the discussion[1] on emacs-devel, there isn't any opposition
to doing what's proposed in this bug thread. So if it's alright by you, and
if there is no strong reason to use the more concise alternative i.e. if
both barf-if-buffer-read-only and interactive "*.." are equally correct,
can the former approach be committed?

Thanks.

[1]: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-08/msg00168.html
-- 

Kaushal Modi