Subject: Re: bug#22807: 2016-01-31; TeX-view does not jump to correct place in PDF file, texlive 2015

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 12:01:39 +0000

> 2016-04-01 12:56 GMT+02:00 Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>:

    > Yes, it's weird, it works for me flawless with Okular as viewer and
    > TeX Live 2015 installed with the same method.  In a LaTeX buffer, what
    > does

    >     (TeX-synctex-output-page-1 (buffer-file-name))

You are not going to belive this. With TL 2015 this variable is *not*
nil but some number (string)

For example if you execute it at the beginning of the buffer it returns

 "1"
 and if I do it at the end of the buffer it returns "25"

However C-c C-v and okular jumps to the first page.

I switched back to TL 2009.

Now that variable is *always* nil, but
However C-c C-v and okular jumps more or less to the line which
corresponds to the source code.

I am puzzled
    > return for you?  If it returns nil, it would be great if you could
    > edebug the function `TeX-synctex-output-page-1'.

    > Bye,
    > Mosè