Subject: Re: bug#22795: 25.0.91; Can't write read only file on w32

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 22:10:29 +0300

> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 09:24:23 -0700
> CC: <[email-masked]>
> From: "Ota, Takaaki" <[email-masked]>
> 
> After opening a read only file, execute read-only-mode, modify the
> file and try to save the file under emacs 25.0.94 on Linux and Windows
> file-ownership-preserved-p returns non nil value on Linux and nil on
> Windows.

What does (file-attributes FILENAME 'integer) return for that file?
And what does (user-uid) return?

> But I spoke too early about this.  After this, I then compared emacs
> 25.0.94 and 24.5 on Windows.  On both version
> file-ownership-preserved-p returns nil while save succeeds on 24.5 and
> 25.0.94 fails with "Opening output file: Permission denined," error.
> 
> So file-ownership-preserved-p is not the root cause.  I still need to
> continue to chase.

OK, thanks for the update.