Subject: Re: bug#22795: 25.0.91; Can't write read only file on w32

From: "Ota, Takaaki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 13:57:49 -0800

Wed, 24 Feb 2016 21:09:57 +0200: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:44:02 -0800
> > From: "Ota, Takaaki" <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > When a file is read only on w32 platform I used to be able to write a
> > file by toggling the buffer's read-only-mode state and answering yes
> > to this question "File memo is write-protected; try to save anyway?
> > (yes or no)" but now the writing fails by an error message "Opening
> > output file: Permission denied, c:/d/ota/memo"
> 
> I cannot reproduce this, neither with today's emacs-25 nor with the
> last pretest of 25.1.  If I answer yes to that question, the file is
> saved without any errors.
> 
> How did you make the file read-only?  (I used a Windows port of
> 'chmod' and the 'attrib' command.)

I used Windows Explorer's GUI to open the file property window and
placed a check on Read-only attribute.  I am using mingw to build the
emacs.  I just tried with 24.5 and it works but not on 25.0.90/91.
They are all build by the same mingw.

-Tak