Subject: bug#22794: closed (Re: bug#22794: 25.0.91; new frame on console does not render properly)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 18:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22794: 25.0.91; new frame on console does not render properly

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22794: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22794
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22794: 25.0.91; new frame on console does not render properly
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 20:02:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:19:21 -0500
> 
> After trying on a linux console:
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> emacs -Q -nw
> M-x make-frame
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> The new frame does not render properly.

Not the new frame, the old frame.  You can see that if you type C-l to
refresh the display.  'make-frame' doesn't select the new frame, it
only creates it.

Anyway, this started happening long ago, when we made redisplay more
efficient and less eager to redraw frames, which exposed and even
older bug.  Now fixed on the emacs-25 branch.

Thanks.

Subject: 25.0.91; new frame on console does not render properly
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:19:21 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guys.

After trying on a linux console:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
emacs -Q -nw
M-x make-frame
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
The new frame does not render properly. This emacs version was compiled
yesterday from emacs-25 branch.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.91.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2016-02-22 built on tiahua
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=lucid --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --pdfdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs/pdf --with-sound --without-gconf
 --with-xft'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
‘new-frame’ is an obsolete command (as of 22.1); use ‘make-frame’ instead.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 91114 6058)
 (symbols 24 19800 0)
 (miscs 20 45 180)
 (strings 16 14565 3453)
 (string-bytes 1 413507)
 (vectors 8 10415)
 (vector-slots 4 391753 2570)
 (floats 8 172 790)
 (intervals 28 199 4)
 (buffers 520 11)
 (heap 1024 29299 490))