Subject: bug#22794: 25.0.91; new frame on console does not render properly

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:19:21 -0500

Hi Guys.

After trying on a linux console:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
emacs -Q -nw
M-x make-frame
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
The new frame does not render properly. This emacs version was compiled
yesterday from emacs-25 branch.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.91.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2016-02-22 built on tiahua
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=lucid --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --pdfdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs/pdf --with-sound --without-gconf
 --with-xft'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
‘new-frame’ is an obsolete command (as of 22.1); use ‘make-frame’ instead.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 91114 6058)
 (symbols 24 19800 0)
 (miscs 20 45 180)
 (strings 16 14565 3453)
 (string-bytes 1 413507)
 (vectors 8 10415)
 (vector-slots 4 391753 2570)
 (floats 8 172 790)
 (intervals 28 199 4)
 (buffers 520 11)
 (heap 1024 29299 490))