Subject: bug#22790: 24.5; Infinite loop involving malloc called from signal handler

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 13:26:11 +0200

> Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2016 12:17:30 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Andreas Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
> 
> > In any case, if those printf's are the culprit, they are no longer
> > there in the current sources of what will soon become Emacs 25.1.
> > They were replaced with direct calls to 'write'.  So if we are sure
> > there's no other problem that causes these loops, we can close this
> > bug.
> 
> OK, to me this means that he bug has already been fixed in emacs 25.
> I might as well back-port that fix to emacs 24 then, instead of just
> commenting out the calls, and this bug report can be closed if no
> further emacs 24 releases are planned.  If I'm still experiencing
> problems after back-porting the fix or upgrading to emacs 25, I will
> file separate bug reports about those.

Thanks.  No further Emacs 24 releases are planned at this time.