Subject: bug#22789: closed (Re: bug#22789: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 14:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22789: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22789: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22789
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22789: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Alain Schneble <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:45:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Alain Schneble <[email-masked]>
> CC: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 23:21:56 +0100
> 
> Thank you very much for these inputs.  I rearranged the patch to include
> these two cases and removed another special case that should no longer
> be needed as it is covered by the first one.
> 
> Is this what you had in mind?  Do you agree with the change?

Thanks, I pushed this to master.

I'm marking the bug done.

Subject: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working
From: José L. Doménech<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:26:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In emacs, built from master, https connections have stopped working, while
imaps connections are still working.

How to reproduce it:
emacs -Q
eww https://www.fsf.org

The eww buffer remains blank.

Thw "eww http://www.fsf.org" command shows the page.
From my mail client (wanderlust), trying to retrieve rss sources with a https
connection fails, but I can access http sources and imaps folders.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.4 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-02-24 built on LENOVO-PC
Repository revision: 378d138e64e9389e277e95528c143dc2456727a5
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Configured using:
 'configure --without-imagemagick
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/mingw64/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Contacting host: www.fsf.org:443

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail network-stream nsm starttls
url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw url-cache url-auth eww
puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars mailcap shr svg xml seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode easymenu dom
cl-loaddefs cl-lib subr-x pcase browse-url format-spec time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 129569 4885)
 (symbols 56 24069 0)
 (miscs 48 46 107)
 (strings 32 28495 4799)
 (string-bytes 1 822432)
 (vectors 16 16800)
 (vector-slots 8 471145 3632)
 (floats 8 237 46)
 (intervals 56 262 21)
 (buffers 976 12))