Subject: Re: bug#22789: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 17:40:19 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 11:37:26 +0000
> 
> To avoid the image cache getting in the way (which may be confusing when
> testing this stuff), can you try
> 
> (progn
>   (setq shr-ignore-cache t)
>   (blink-cursor-mode -1)
>   (eww "https://www.fsf.org"))

Works 100% reliably if I invoke Emacs from the shell, but only about
50% when run under GDB.  Maybe an additional factor is that my network
connection is somewhat slow.  But enlarging the url-queue-timeout to
120 didn't help.

> And you need Alain's fix for the shr image insertion stuff (which I
> checked in yesterday) if your Emacs doesn't have SVG support.

My Emacs does have SVG support (via librsvg), and my master branch is
current anyway.