Subject: bug#22789: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working

From: Alain Schneble <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 23:02:31 +0100

Alain Schneble <[email-masked]> writes:

> - If I add (setq alt "[empty alt]") on top of `shr-put-image', then
>   loading of images works quite well.  Also with https connections.  (I
>   do not say that the issue with the loop progress is not there...)

Here is a patch to fix the empty-range issue when inserting non-cached
images in eww:

>From ebf4b78ff53b92d99ef3ca771ff0d592d80b1c3d Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Alain Schneble <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 22:49:32 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Fix insertion of non-cached images in eww

* lisp/net/shr.el (shr-tag-img): Construct a non-empty range to pass to
shr-image-fetched, to indicate where to insert the image.  Fixes the
issue introduced with commit 80852f843e69b81618f29cfb9aa4b074946cb3c4.
---
 lisp/net/shr.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/net/shr.el b/lisp/net/shr.el
index c469e69..e463c7e 100644
--- a/lisp/net/shr.el
+++ b/lisp/net/shr.el
@@ -1499,7 +1499,7 @@ The preference is a float determined from `shr-prefer-media-type'."
           (insert " ")
 	  (url-queue-retrieve
 	   (shr-encode-url url) 'shr-image-fetched
-	   (list (current-buffer) start (set-marker (make-marker) (1- (point)))
+	   (list (current-buffer) start (set-marker (make-marker) (point))
                  (list :width width :height height))
 	   t t)))
 	(when (zerop shr-table-depth) ;; We are not in a table.
-- 
2.6.2.windows.1

And by the way, with this fix, disabling (url-store-in-cache
image-buffer) in `shr-image-fetched' does no longer break loading of
images, as I would have expected before.