Subject: bug#22789: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 01:43:25 +1100

Alain Schneble <[email-masked]> writes:

> But we could probably make use of it and it would not require the timer
> at least for the async DNS resolution.

It seemed to me (after Googling the issue for a few minutes) before
implementing the getaddrinfo_a stuff that getting signal delivery to
work across all architectures would be challenging.  If I was wrong
about that, then we should perhaps look into doing this with signals.

(Remember, we're going to drop the actual glibc getaddrinfo_a usage and
use a clone from gnulib that's going to work on all platforms...)

> It would not solve the TLS issue though.  But maybe there is a similar
> notification for async sockets when they get connected?  If there
> exists an approach that does not require timers, then I guess this
> would be the preferred one...

I haven't looked into that.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no