Subject: Re: bug#22789: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working

From: Alain Schneble <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 00:20:45 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Alain Schneble <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> But the point I tried to address is the following: /When/ shall we start
>> with the handshake "series" and start counting the number of tries (or
>> stopwatch)?  Don't you agree that with async sockets, it doesn't make
>> much sense to start it before the socket is connected?
>
> Yeah, it probably doesn't make any sense to start trying until it's
> connected.  What's the incantation to check whether a socket has
> finished its three-way TCP handshake?  

I'm not quite sure, but my understanding was that this expression does
answer this question:

(fd_info[p->infd].flags & FILE_CONNECT) == 0

Or am I wrong?

See also patch in the previous message.  If we decide to go this
direction, then I think we should also inhibit the first call to
gnutls_try_handshake from gnutls_boot, for async sockets.  This call is
currently implicit and will probably fail (return with EAGAIN) in all
practical cases.