Subject: Re: bug#22789: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 08:22:35 +1100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I already tried increasing the limit, it doesn't help: the new limit
> is reached.  Interestingly, when the initial connection is made, for
> the page itself, the handshake completes within 10 attempts.  But the
> subsequent connections, presumably for images, don't succeed, for some
> reason.

For the images, it tried handshaking 100 times and then marked the
connections as failed?

> Failing that, I came to a conclusion that I don't have a clear and
> complete picture of what should happen when eww receives the page and
> proceeds to downloading the images.  Lars, can you please describe
> what eww does at this point, and how these downloads are expected to
> work asynchronously?  You can describe what happens on GNU/Linux, if
> that makes it easier.  In particular, what are the differences between
> the initial connection to get the page (which works) and the
> connections made to get the images (which don't work)?

As I said before, the images are fetched from `url-queue', which gives
up if the image hasn't downloaded within five seconds.  Could that be
the case for you?

> There is also some disturbing signs in retrying GnuTLS handshake from
> wait_reading_process_output -- I'm not sure the way that function
> works, at least on Windows, is according to you expectations.  The
> while loop there doesn't really spin all the time, did you know that?

It runs every time something is available from poll, doesn't it?  Which
is what we care about.  I think.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no