Subject: bug#22789: 25.1.50; In last master build https connections stop working

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 15:38:36 +1100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> No, you should get the images in the https version, too, unless it's
>> unable to verify the TLS certificate.  Which I guess is not a problem,
>> since it's displaying the web page itself...
>
> Some of the images get downloaded, some don't.  And it isn't 100%
> repeatable.  Strange...

Huh.  There's another timing issue, perhaps?

Or...  shr uses url-queue to download images, and it gives up on images
that take more than five seconds to download (by default).  Could that
be the case here?

Also, url caches images, so for greater repeatabilty it's often useful
to nuke the cache when testing:

$ rm -rf ~/.emacs.d/url/cache/

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no