Subject: bug#22774: closed (Re: bug#22774: Bootstrapping issue with HTTPS downloads)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 17:25:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22774: Bootstrapping issue with HTTPS downloads

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22774: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22774
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22774: Bootstrapping issue with HTTPS downloads
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 18:23:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

I pushed the whole patch series with the fix as
05ceb8dcaf480a47cddf94ac979070b76df6556c.

The final patch series uses a new internal helper, ‘guix
perform-download’, instead of trying to bend ‘guix download’ to these
specific needs.

Ludo’.

Subject: Bootstrapping issue with HTTPS downloads
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 22:03:54 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed-output derivations for HTTPS downloads depend on GnuTLS.  However,
pkg-config, one of GnuTLS’s dependencies, is now available exclusively
over HTTPS, which creates a bootstrapping issue, as reported by
Christopher W Carpenter and others:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-02/msg00354.html

Ludo’.