Subject: match face should be in basic-faces

From: Howard Melman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 16:32:25 -0500

The defface of match in replace.el only puts it in the group
matching. I think it should also be in the group
basic-faces. It's listed in the elisp manual in the Basic
Faces section.

Also, the deffaces in isearch.el of isearch and
lazy-highlight include both of those faces in the group
basic-faces, which seems logical, but neither is documented
in the elisp manual in the Basic Faces section.

I think all of these should be basic faces that other
packages can use to inherit from so theming is easier.

I'm using emacs 24.5 but this also seems to be the case in
the emacs-25 tree.

Howard

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, Carbon Version 157 AppKit 1348.17)
of 2015-12-15 on bos-mp6ry
Repository revision: 4e2c375538c0edf6c4b74bcfbfb085f4197e5105
Windowing system distributor `Apple Inc.', version 10.11.3
Configured using:
`configure --with-mac
--enable-mac-app=/Users/xinx/Factory/emacs/mirror-emacs-mac/build
--prefix=/Users/xinx/Factory/emacs/mirror-emacs-mac/build'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  highlight-changes-visible-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mac-mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Checking 261 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus...
Checking 57 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/eshell...
Checking 70 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/erc...
Checking 34 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emulation...
Checking 151 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp...
Checking 24 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/cedet...
Checking 57 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/calendar...
Checking 87 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/calc...
Checking 111 files in /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/obsolete...
Checking for load-path shadows...done

Load-path shadows:
/Users/hmelman/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160217.958/helm-multi-match hides /Users/hmelman/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160217.958/helm-multi-match

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug sendmail apropos smiley gnus-gravatar
mail-extr gravatar url-cache url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap
gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win prolog
align eieio-custom shadowfile ange-ftp woman man rst rcirc
ps-print ps-def lpr proced mh-e mh-compat mh-acros cl
mh-buffers mh-loaddefs message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader hilit-chg hi-lock
cwarn cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
ace-window diff-mode two-column iso-transl rect tmm
hippie-exp bookmark cus-edit debug shell grep compile
sh-script smie executable cl-macs gv eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe help-mode mule-util misearch
multi-isearch ielm erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat pp wrap-region dash org-indent edmacro kmacro
face-remap org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view image-mode org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m the-org-mode-expansions
org-location-google-maps org-agenda google-maps
google-maps-static url-util google-maps-geocode
google-maps-base json org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-R ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs add-log vc-git colir color
counsel etags swiper jka-compr eldoc lisp-mnt noutline
outline easy-mmode ivy delsel ffap url-parse auth-source
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv
password-cache url-vars hungry-delete avy ring expand-region
text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions thingatpt
expand-region-core advice expand-region-custom beacon seq
undo-tree diff dired-x dired autoinsert which-key autorevert
filenotify exec-path-from-shell find-func saveplace
tango-theme which-func imenu paren recentf tree-widget gnus
gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start cus-load
eieio-core info easymenu package epg-config time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel mac-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote mac multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 567923 55923)
(symbols 48 52597 0)
(miscs 40 3046 1300)
(strings 32 149940 23753)
(string-bytes 1 5345926)
(vectors 16 49082)
(vector-slots 8 975203 34084)
(floats 8 1382 3591)
(intervals 56 31894 496)
(buffers 960 55))

-- 

Howard