Subject: Re: bug#22746: 25.0.90; OS X: Visual bell hard to see

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 13:58:48 +0100

Hi!

> The visual bell on OS X used to be a large square popped up in the middle
of
> the screen, which was easy to see.  Now it is a very small warning icon,
and I
> often miss it.  Would it be possible to make the warning icon the same
size as
> the square was, or if the icon can only be rendered at that size, provide
an
> option for the old square?

The old code didn't work on El Capitan -- there were some visual artifacts
left behind afterwards.

Since I didn't have access to a machine running El Capitan, I replaced the
code with something that work on all OS versions.

It might be possible to increase the size -- however, the symbol is a
built-in image so there is a risk that an enlarged version will be
pixelated.

I'm open to other solutions to this. Unfortunately, I don't have the time
to work on it myself anymore.

    -- Anders