Subject: 25.0.90; OS X: Visual bell hard to see

From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 10:50:10 +0200

The visual bell on OS X used to be a large square popped up in the middle of
the screen, which was easy to see.  Now it is a very small warning icon, and I
often miss it.  Would it be possible to make the warning icon the same size as
the square was, or if the icon can only be rendered at that size, provide an
option for the old square?

In GNU Emacs 25.0.90.2 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1077))
of 2016-02-01 built on vishuddha.local
Repository revision: ee8b46699523cc1dea7b3d03e3cccff3d62cd847
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
'configure --with-ns --without-imagemagick CC=gcc CFLAGS=-Os'

Configured features:
JPEG NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  ns-extended-platform-support-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ns-platform-support.el (source)...done
Directory name in buffer names (uniquify) disabled globally
Loading /Users/arobert/.recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
Loading mic-paren...done
Loading gnus...done
Loading /Users/arobert/.emacs.d/.session...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/format-spec hides /Applications/Docked/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/format-spec
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/uudecode hides /Applications/Docked/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/mail/uudecode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums leuven-theme gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils cus-start cus-load image-file which-func imenu hl-line mic-paren
paren tramp tramp-compat auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core gnus-util mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs cl-macs trampver shell
pcomplete format-spec decompile server session coffee-mode derived cl comint
ansi-color ring ns-mark-nav ecb-autoloads edmacro kmacro advice recentf
tree-widget wid-edit ido seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra
help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib ns-platform-support easy-mmode finder-inf
package easymenu epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 267511 16130)
(symbols 48 26674 0)
(miscs 40 72 165)
(strings 32 38313 7133)
(string-bytes 1 1069443)
(vectors 16 39756)
(vector-slots 8 711629 7901)
(floats 8 276 6)
(intervals 56 213 0)
(buffers 976 11))