Subject: bug#22746: 25.0.90; OS X: Visual bell hard to see

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 08:45:43 -0700 (PDT)

> > > > What would be the ideal visible bell? The top and bottom lines
> flashing or
> > > > flashing the entire window, or do people like the warning icon?
> > >
> > > Personally I'd prefer top and bottom lines. Every better: give me a
> > > defcustom to decide between icon, top/bottom, whole screen, or some
> > > alerting function (which in future would allow for connecting with
> alert.el).
> >
> > +1.  And not just for OS X.
> >
> > It could also incorporate what echo-bell.el does, or similar,
> > as one of the option values.
> 
> Am I right in thinking that this would just require exposing the bell
> functions to Emacs lisp, and then providing a simple way to set
> ring-bell-function? Or have I misunderstood?

Are you asking me?  I only suggested perhaps incorporating something
like what echo-bell does, as one of the possible visual-bell behaviors
for the defcustom.

There already is an easy way to set `ring-bell-function', so I'm really
not sure what you are asking.