Subject: bug#22746: 25.0.90; OS X: Visual bell hard to see

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 16:41:54 +0100

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 12:17:15PM -0700, Drew Adams wrote:
> > > What would be the ideal visible bell? The top and bottom lines flashing or
> > > flashing the entire window, or do people like the warning icon?
> > 
> > Personally I'd prefer top and bottom lines. Every better: give me a
> > defcustom to decide between icon, top/bottom, whole screen, or some
> > alerting function (which in future would allow for connecting with alert.el).
> 
> +1.  And not just for OS X.
> 
> It could also incorporate what echo-bell.el does, or similar,
> as one of the option values.

Am I right in thinking that this would just require exposing the bell
functions to Emacs lisp, and then providing a simple way to set
ring-bell-function? Or have I misunderstood?
-- 
Alan Third