Subject: bug#22744: 24.5; url-retrieve callback is not invoked when http response content is empty

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 13:57:52 +1100

Shiyao Ma <[email-masked]> writes:

> A sample post response:
> https://bpaste.net/show/25777c5fde69
> No response content, the result is merely the http headers.

So you do a POST, and then you get a 302 redirect (which results in a
GET)?  I think I remember somebody working on this issue a few weeks
ago...

Oh, yeah:

commit 46dfdd831b817ef9e281350043bd4231f2dc5acc
Author: Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Feb 4 21:43:42 2016 +0100

    Do not ignore redirections of 301, 302 and 307 status codes
    
    The current version of HTTP/1.1 (RFC 7231) no longer requires
    confirmation on 301, 302 or 307 status codes, therefore we do not have
    to ignore redirects for other requests than GET and HEAD.
    
    * lisp/url/url-http.el (url-http-parse-headers): Do not ignore 301, 302
    and 307 redirects for other requests than GET and HEAD.

So this probably works in emacs-25 now.  Could you download (from git)
and test?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no