Subject: 24.5; Cannot reach elpa.gnu.org for packages

From: Eric Stolten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 18:33:54 +0000

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
 of 2015-04-10 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Javascript

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
<s-backspace> is undefined [2 times]
ls does not support --dired; see `dired-use-ls-dired' for more details.
(New file)
Mark set [2 times]
Saving file /Users/stoltene/workspace/ng2-hero/package.json...
Wrote /Users/stoltene/workspace/ng2-hero/package.json
(New file)
Mark set
Saving file /Users/stoltene/workspace/ng2-hero/typings.json...
Wrote /Users/stoltene/workspace/ng2-hero/typings.json

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message cl-macs format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils js advice byte-opt json imenu thingatpt
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs misearch multi-isearch debug finder-inf vc-git .loaddefs
el-get el-get-autoloading el-get-list-packages el-get-dependencies
el-get-build el-get-status pp el-get-methods el-get-fossil el-get-svn
el-get-pacman el-get-github-zip el-get-github-tar el-get-http-zip
el-get-http-tar el-get-hg el-get-go el-get-git-svn el-get-fink
el-get-emacswiki el-get-http el-get-notify help-mode easymenu
el-get-emacsmirror el-get-github el-get-git el-get-elpa package
epg-config el-get-darcs el-get-cvs el-get-bzr el-get-brew el-get-builtin
el-get-apt-get el-get-recipes el-get-byte-compile el-get-custom
el-get-core autoload help-fns lisp-mnt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 225836 8433)
 (symbols 48 26974 0)
 (miscs 40 87 191)
 (strings 32 52316 8940)
 (string-bytes 1 1443094)
 (vectors 16 22949)
 (vector-slots 8 518056 7463)
 (floats 8 59 403)
 (intervals 56 757 0)
 (buffers 960 19))