Subject: 25.0.50; Hangs on revertig buffer

From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 04:33:03 +0100

While executing revert-buffer on a file, Emacs hanged using 100% CPU.
I've executed this operation thousands of times on this file on the past
without problem. The file contains pure ASCII text.

I was unable to reproduce the bug on a fresh session.

Full backtrace attached.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.29 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2016-01-21 built on qcore
Repository revision: 5293d1bdb3e665a565af032a163004c976328cc2
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Ubuntu 15.10

Configured using:
 'configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2
FREETYPE XFT ZLIB LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Outline

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-grid-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-hacks-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  buffer-flip-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill

Recent messages:
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/ofv-lp0.el (source)...done
Loading /home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.89/preview.el (source)...done
Estableciendo variables para AucTex
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/ofv-wordnet.el (source)...done
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/tkidb.el (source)...done
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/ofv-org.el (source)...done
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/ofv-issues.el (source)...done
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/emacs.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/home/oscar/elisp/magit/lisp/with-editor hides ~/elisp/singles/with-editor
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-awk hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-scala hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-java hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-io hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-md hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-texinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-element hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-element
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-shen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-version
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-makefile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-macro hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-man hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail character-fold misearch
multi-isearch vc vc-dispatcher map wgrep grep ag vc-svn find-dired s
etags-select etags xref project org-crypt preview prv-emacs reporter
desktop frameset latex tex-style tex-buf tex lp0-mode aggressive-indent
lisp-mnt compile paren paredit-menu yasnippet psvn wid-edit pp elp
ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util vc-git org-magit org-element avl-tree rx org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs magit-blame
magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process
magit-popup magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils
git-commit log-edit message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor
tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell
pcomplete comint ansi-color format-spec server column-overflow
flx-isearch ido-grid-mode flx-ido flx ido-hacks ido seq buffer-flip
key-chord evil-leader evil-paredit paredit evil-anzu evil
evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands ffap url-parse auth-source
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util
mm-util help-fns help-mode mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
evil-command-window derived evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars goto-chg edmacro kmacro avy ring ws-butler
diminish cl anzu cl-seq easy-mmode cl-macs thingatpt cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib avoid solarized-light-theme solarized-dark-theme solarized dash
gv finder-inf tex-site info package easymenu epg-config advice time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)