Subject: bug#22739: closed (Re: bug#22739: 25.0.50; Hangs on revertig buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 00:31:03 +0000

Your bug report

#22739: 25.0.50; Hangs on revertig buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22739: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22739
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22739: 25.0.50; Hangs on revertig buffer
From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 01:29:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

I tried files of 3MB of NULLs and now Emacs handles them just fine.
Thank you.

I don't know what happened with the case that prompted this bug report.
I looked at the file and it was the usual ASCII text. Let's suppose that
what I saw was not the same content that Emacs read (that file is a log
and sometimes, by mistake, more than one process instance is launched,
each of them writing to the same log opened with w+.)

Since I can no longer freeze Emacs with files containing "reasonably"
long lines, I think that the severity of the issue decreased enough to
close this bug report.

Subject: 25.0.50; Hangs on revertig buffer
From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 04:33:03 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While executing revert-buffer on a file, Emacs hanged using 100% CPU.
I've executed this operation thousands of times on this file on the past
without problem. The file contains pure ASCII text.

I was unable to reproduce the bug on a fresh session.

Full backtrace attached.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.29 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2016-01-21 built on qcore
Repository revision: 5293d1bdb3e665a565af032a163004c976328cc2
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Ubuntu 15.10

Configured using:
 'configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2
FREETYPE XFT ZLIB LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Outline

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-grid-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-hacks-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  buffer-flip-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill

Recent messages:
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/ofv-lp0.el (source)...done
Loading /home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.89/preview.el (source)...done
Estableciendo variables para AucTex
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/ofv-wordnet.el (source)...done
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/tkidb.el (source)...done
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/ofv-org.el (source)...done
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/ofv-issues.el (source)...done
Loading /home/oscar/elisp/emacs.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/home/oscar/elisp/magit/lisp/with-editor hides ~/elisp/singles/with-editor
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-awk hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-scala hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-java hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-io hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-md hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-texinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-element hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-element
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-shen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-version
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-makefile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-macro hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ox-man hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/oscar/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160208/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail character-fold misearch
multi-isearch vc vc-dispatcher map wgrep grep ag vc-svn find-dired s
etags-select etags xref project org-crypt preview prv-emacs reporter
desktop frameset latex tex-style tex-buf tex lp0-mode aggressive-indent
lisp-mnt compile paren paredit-menu yasnippet psvn wid-edit pp elp
ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util vc-git org-magit org-element avl-tree rx org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs magit-blame
magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process
magit-popup magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils
git-commit log-edit message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor
tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell
pcomplete comint ansi-color format-spec server column-overflow
flx-isearch ido-grid-mode flx-ido flx ido-hacks ido seq buffer-flip
key-chord evil-leader evil-paredit paredit evil-anzu evil
evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands ffap url-parse auth-source
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util
mm-util help-fns help-mode mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
evil-command-window derived evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars goto-chg edmacro kmacro avy ring ws-butler
diminish cl anzu cl-seq easy-mmode cl-macs thingatpt cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib avoid solarized-light-theme solarized-dark-theme solarized dash
gv finder-inf tex-site info package easymenu epg-config advice time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)