Subject: bug#22732: closed (lispf4 removal)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 18:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22732: lispf4: broken

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22732: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22732
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: lispf4 removal
From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 18:33:31 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

LISPF4 is scheduled for removal[0] as there are more bugs than just this
simple bug #22732.

[0]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-10/msg00226.html
-- 

Subject: lispf4: broken
From: Nils Gillmann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 13:21:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I packaged lispf4 for Guix, tried to debug it alone for a while
now, got other peoples input, tested different GNU systems, still
can't reproduce the errors I get on Guix and other GNU systems.

This is a bit vague but the actual error output is just too long
for this email.
TL;DR is SYSATOMS even when in the same directory with any
permission I tried fails to get opened. SYSATOMS is essential for
lispf4 to work.

I contacted the author of the port (Blake McBride), it will take
some weeks until he can help, but he'll definitely help to
debug the issue.
I will update and later close this issue as soon as we are done
fixing it.

thanks,
-- 
ng