Subject: bug#22728: 24.5; partial frame creation with emacsclient

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 20:54:41 -0700

Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Every few months, when I try to create a new (X window system) frame
> using "emacsclient -c", I get a useless frame.  That is, I can see the
> region where the menubar should be, and the background color looks
> right, but the gutters, scrollbar, and modeline are all missing, and the
> frame does not respond to keyboard or mouse events.  The next
> "emacsclient -c" works fine.
>
> The thread starting at
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-02/msg00891.html has
> the troubleshooting information that I have collected so far, plus some
> discussion about what might be causing the observed symptoms and what to
> do next for troubleshooting.
>
>
> In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
>  of 2015-10-16 on athyra
> Windowing system distributor `The XFree86 Project, Inc', version 11.0.40300000
> System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.3 (jessie)

Are you still seeing this on a recent version of Emacs, such as the
recently released version 27.1?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas