Subject: Re: bug#22725: 24.5; emacsclient gui app

From: Pavlos Vinieratos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 01:57:29 +0100

ok then how about we actually make it work like firefox, so when you
close all windows of Emacs.app, it doesn’t quit. it stays, keeping the
instance running. so if i click on it again, it opens a new windows
connecting to the existing instance. would that make more sense?

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I think this is how Emacs in general should work.
> There should be no separate "emacsclient", only "emacs".
> The first call to "emacs" would start a server by default.
> Subsequent calls to "emacs" would always connect to the running Emacs,
> unless you used "emacs --new-instance" or somesuch.
> This is how eg Firefox works.
>
> I don't think this is a new suggestion, eg bug#7741 explains it all.
> But there's no sign of it happening.
>

-- 
Pavlos Vinieratos