Subject: 25.1.50; Gnus, quoted-printabel

From: Frank Haun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 22:22:10 +0100

Gnus produce wrong quoted-printable.

E.g. for a' Umlaut:

| ok: =C3=A4
| this is with Gnus: ?FFC3?FFA4

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.3 (armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2016-02-13 built on m7008
Repository revision: d98ae99839a81c6279387a5e7679298f799fa99e
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Raspbian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/fhaun/opt/emacs-master --with-xft
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  autopair-global-mode: t
  autopair-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-mode: t
  evil-snipe-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Checking for load-path shadows...done [2 times]
Mark set
Ispell process killed
Local Ispell dictionary set to en
Starting new Ispell process aspell with en dictionary...
Auto-saving...done
Mark set [3 times]
Saving file /home/fhaun/data/notes.org...
Wrote /home/fhaun/data/notes.org
Buffer *unsent mail to bug-gnu-emacs* modified; kill anyway? (y or n) y

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail bookmark pp mm-archive character-fold misearch
multi-isearch qp canlock flyspell ispell timezone nnir sort gnus-cite
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table hl-line nndraft nnmh
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nnml network-stream
puny nsm starttls nnfolder gnus-cache gnus-sum nnnil nntp gnus-topic
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader colir color counsel swiper ivy delsel ffap server vc-git
diff-mode help-fns company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-eclim company-template
company-css company-nxml company-bbdb elpy pyvenv elpy-refactor grep
compile files-x etags xref project cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize
shell json map goto-addr org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys
ob-comint comint ansi-color ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
smart-mode-line rich-minority winner generic-x ido seq elscreen dired
dired-loaddefs yasnippet cl autopair paren highlight-symbol iedit
iedit-lib company evil-surround evil-snipe evil-leader evil
evil-integration undo-tree diff evil-maps evil-commands evil-jumps
evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core advice evil-common windmove thingatpt
rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring edmacro kmacro use-package diminish
bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf info package epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 550707 103521)
 (symbols 24 51004 93)
 (miscs 20 1924 2230)
 (strings 16 130169 46105)
 (string-bytes 1 3768357)
 (vectors 8 80730)
 (vector-slots 4 2151483 53630)
 (floats 8 1272 527)
 (intervals 28 2212 2458)
 (buffers 520 77)
 (heap 1024 46272 2921))