Subject: bug#22720: 25.0.91; url/eww: add function to delete all cookies

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 15:32:20 +0100

Hello!

as for any popular browser, it would be cool if eww users had a mean to
delete all cookies - in a command, or by adding a function to a hook.
And probably also something to do this selectively for only some cookies
etc.

AFAIK, eww uses the cookie mechanism from url, so the command should
probably be added there.

But AFAICT, direct cookie manipulation is not really possible yet, so I
need the following hack currently:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(defun my-url-delete-all-cookies ()
  "Delete all cookies"
  (interactive)
  (require 'url)
  (cl-letf (((symbol-function 'url-cookie-expired-p) (lambda (&rest _args) t)))
    (url-cookie-write-file)))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Of course we should not do it like this.

Regards,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.91.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.7)
 of 2016-02-14 built on drachen
Repository revision: 23ca48d3d867cfff9f49ef600e2aad7a26c7a870
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11800000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp