Subject: Re: bug#22715: 25.0.91; Point randomly jumps during key entry

From: Joakim Jalap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 22:13:09 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I asked this to have an idea of what factors could be at work here.
> One of the customizations might expose some bug, and it would be good
> to know which one is that, because it will make looking for the bug
> easier.
>
> So if you have a way of finding out which optional feature causes the
> buggy behavior, it will help.
>
> Thanks.

Sure, I will try to disable as much as possible and see if it
disappears, and the enable the stuff one by one if it does.

If I recall correctly there was some talk of something like this on the
ML a while back (I can't find it right now) which had something to do
with a rewrite of the undo system? I've rebuilt Emacs several time since
then, with 'make clean' in between, but is it possible I still have some
byte compiled files laying around form back then? Is there a way to
check?

Thanks for looking in to this.

Joakim