Subject: bug#2270: [PATCH] bug#2270, RE: 23.0.90; find-library:... (2) other-window version

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:38:02 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I've now added a prefix argument to pop to a different window.  I've
>> also cleaned up the switch-to-buffer error handling code, which I think
>> isn't necessary any more after Martin's window fixes...
>
> 1. I would still prefer to have the other-window version bound to
>    `C-x 4 l'.

`find-library' isn't bound to any key, but I think it probably should
be.  `C-x 4 l' seems like as good a keystroke as any.  Any thought from
other people?  I use the command quite a lot...

> 2. I think that the other-window version is far more useful than
>    the same-window version.  So if other-window behavior is available
>    only via a prefix arg I'd prefer that it be the other way around:
>    a prefix arg uses the same window; no prefix arg uses another
>    window.  (Yes, that would be a change in the default behavior.)

The command now uses pop-to-buffer-same-window, which is quite
customisable, as I understand things.  (I haven't looked into the
new-fangled window popping controlling functions.)  So I think this
should be customisable ... somehow ... by the users now.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no