Subject: Re: bug#22687: Online manual not updated automatically

From: Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 21:37:49 +0100

Florian Paul Schmidt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 16.02.2016 17:42, Andreas Enge wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 05:33:27PM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
>>> I was not courageous enough to suggest that, but this does sound
>>> like a good idea.
>> 
>> It is easy enough to have that courage when one is not the person
>> making the releases :-)
>
> Hmm, shouldn't that process be mostly automated? And if not, maybe
> it's worth thinking about how to do that. I guess from a functional
> point of view a release is just a function that takes a revision and
> has as its outputs installer images, binary installers, a new website,
> yada yada yada..

IIUC The problem is that making a release involves a lot a build power
that take long long time and makes it difficult to resolve unavoidable
issues encountered during the process.

I remember hearing Ludo explaining that the release process for Guix was
more involving than for the other software projects he experienced.

--
Mathieu Lirzin