Subject: bug#22683: 25.1.50; auto-composition-mode

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 16:09:56 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> We don't always expect our users to be proficient in theoretical 
> logics.

Interesting. From my experience, young children in elementary 
school can follow the logic behind "if positive, … otherwise …" A 
plain, well-placed "otherwise" simplifies the involved "if 
positive … if negative or zero …" statement, no? Either way, I 
agree with RMS that we should account for the entire set of 
integers with perfect clarity, one way or the other.

BTW, other modes in Emacs have the same problem. From 
"global-visual-line-mode" help:

> Enable the mode if ARG is nil, omitted, or is a positive number. 
> Disable the mode if ARG is a negative number.

R+

-- 
Programming reliably --- must be an activity of an undeniably 
mathematical nature [...] You see, mathematics is about thinking, 
and doing mathematics is always trying to think as well as 
possible. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra (1981)  Rudolf Adamkovič 
<[email-masked]> Studenohorská 25 84103 Bratislava Slovakia 
[he/him]