Subject: Re: bug#22683: 25.1.50; auto-composition-mode

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 22:27:55 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> It doesn't say what happens if ARG is zero, so perhaps the last 
> sentence above should be amended to say "negative number or 
> zero". 

By the law of trichotomy, every real number is either positive, 
negative, or zero. Thus, if a real number is not positive, it must 
be either negative or zero. It follows that it suffices to say:

"If called from Lisp, toggle the mode if ARG is ‘toggle’.  Enable 
the mode if ARG is nil, omitted, or is a positive number.  Disable 
the mode otherwise."

Clear and precise.

R+

-- 
Programming reliably --- must be an activity of an undeniably 
mathematical nature [...] You see, mathematics is about thinking, 
and doing mathematics is always trying to think as well as 
possible. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra (1981)  Rudolf Adamkovič 
<[email-masked]> Studenohorská 25 84103 Bratislava Slovakia 
[he/him]