Subject: bug#22683: 25.1.50; auto-composition-mode

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 07:53:40 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > | If called from Lisp, toggle the mode if ARG is ‘toggle’.  Enable the
  > | mode if ARG is nil, omitted, or is a positive number.  Disable the
  > | mode if ARG is a negative number.
  > `----

  > Is that sufficiently clear?

Yes, but

  > It doesn't say what happens if ARG is zero, so perhaps the last sentence
  > above should be amended to say "negative number or zero".

I think it should not leave zero an undocumented mystery.  If we want
to discourage it (though I don't follow why), let's say "Don't use
zero as argument."  Otherwise, let's say what zero means as argument.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)