Subject: bug#22682: 25.1.50; global-auto-composition-mode

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:46:06 -0500

I did M-x global-auto-composition-mode  and it displayed 
Global-Auto-Composition mode disabled in current buffer

Since Global Auto-Composition mode is global, its value
should not be reported with respect to a particular buffer.

Also, its name should be "Global Auto-Composition mode",
not "Global-Auto-Composition mode".

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2015-12-25
Repository revision: 608b15d59d08ff7054fdc5458d1d2ae54dd043e2
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Mark activated
nil
Making completion list...

Mark set
t

Global-Auto-Composition mode disabled in current buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func
compare-w thingatpt xref project parse-time vc-cvs sgml-mode cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs diff-mode easy-mmode diff pp wid-edit descr-text
texinfo jka-compr battery dired-aux novice two-column kmacro
iso-transl cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs epa-mail quail
dabbrev character-fold misearch multi-isearch shell pcomplete grep
compile comint ansi-color ring ispell rmailout rmailkwd epa derived
epg rmailsum qp mailalias url-util shr dom subr-x browse-url rmailmm
message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils dired
dired-loaddefs seq t-mouse view paren cus-start cus-load advice
finder-inf package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core
cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs gnus-util time-date mm-util help-fns
help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 542567 115415)
 (symbols 24 40134 5)
 (miscs 20 12330 4972)
 (strings 16 69462 28818)
 (string-bytes 1 2197955)
 (vectors 8 35255)
 (vector-slots 4 1594101 32882)
 (floats 8 333 700)
 (intervals 28 108039 6936)
 (buffers 520 408)
 (heap 1024 34295 2078))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.