Subject: bug#22657: closed (Re: bug#22657: 24.5; "Python Exception <class 'NameError'> name 'long' is not defined" while using gdb registers buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 19:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#22657: 24.5; "Python Exception <class 'NameError'> name 'long' is not defined" while using gdb registers buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22657: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22657
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22657: 24.5; "Python Exception <class 'NameError'> name 'long' is not defined" while using gdb registers buffer
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 21:28:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Douglas Anderson <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 12:22:47 -0700
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> Nice hint, yeah that helped me find it:
> 
> index 9ff94aa..63b3fdf 100644
> --- a/gdb/python/lib/gdb/printer/bound_registers.py
> +++ b/gdb/python/lib/gdb/printer/bound_registers.py
> @@ -25,7 +25,7 @@ class MpxBound128Printer:
> def to_string (self):
> upper = self.val["ubound"]
> lower = self.val["lbound"]
> - size = (long) ((upper) - (lower))
> + size = (int) ((upper) - (lower))
> if size > -1:
> size = size + 1
> result = '{lbound = %s, ubound = %s} : size %s' % (lower, upper, size)
> 
> I'll submit that patch to gdb, that fixed the exception.

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 24.5; "Python Exception <class 'NameError'> name 'long' is not defined" while using gdb registers buffer
From: Douglas Anderson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 22:00:49 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I'm using current stable on Ubuntu 15.10.

Steps to reproduce:
 - open emacs gdb-many-windows mode (I only hit this bug if the registers
buffer is open)
 - set a breakpoint
 - run

The following text appears in the gud window:
(gdb) Python Exception <class 'NameError'> name 'long' is not defined:
Python Exception <class 'NameError'> name 'long' is not defined:
Python Exception <class 'NameError'> name 'long' is not defined:
Python Exception <class 'NameError'> name 'long' is not defined:

Hitting enter reruns the program from the beginning.

-Doug
----
In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-17 on lgw01-52, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:    Ubuntu 15.10

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  gdb-many-windows: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-layout-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list...
Complete, but not unique
Making completion list...
Complete, but not unique
~/dev/hw/cu/computer_systems/2_bomblab/bomb122
Target doesn't support non-stop mode.  Turning it off.
Gdb-Many-Windows mode enabled
Switched to thread 1
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in
minibuffer

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils thingatpt pcase vc-git ggtags etags
compile ewoc disp-table cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs pcmpl-unix gdb-mi
bindat json gud easy-mmode init shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
delsel fill-column-indicator flycheck find-func help-mode rx subr-x seq
dash server exec-path-from-shell wombat-theme elec-pair cus-start
cus-load paren edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib saveplace ido info
easymenu package epg-config time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 217848 73052)
 (symbols 48 29676 1)
 (miscs 40 285 586)
 (strings 32 56149 52692)
 (string-bytes 1 1626801)
 (vectors 16 28647)
 (vector-slots 8 1284058 121485)
 (floats 8 117 570)
 (intervals 56 830 86)
 (buffers 960 26)
 (heap 1024 71315 3522))