Subject: bug#22628: Bug #22628 Hunting: Emacs: ^ in installed package list misses some upgrades

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 18:54:32 +0100

Dear,

The bug [1] is about Emacs-Guix and the installed package list
proposed to upgrade.

[1] http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/22628

To be precise, the wish that Ludo wrote [2] is:

<<
I think we need a different solution for packages that have several
series.  For instance, we could have:

  (define gnupg-2.0
    (package …
      (properties `((series . "2.0")))))

and that would lead the various UIs to upgrade only to a package whose
version prefix is “2.0”.

What is the status of such? Does it still make sense?
Personally, I do not feel the need of the series property, what the
others think?

I propose to close this long standing bug. :-)

All the best,
simon

[2] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22628#11