Subject: Re: bug#22627: 25.1.50; Wishlist: It would be nice if the grep buffer had a history

From: [email-masked] (Charles A. Roelli)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 21:16:34 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 16:52:14 +1100
> 
> `g' works fine for redoing, but it would be great if you could return to
> the previous (and next) with the normal `r'/`n' commands.
> 
> 
> 
> In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.49 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.7)
>  of 2016-02-11 built on mouse
> Repository revision: e91b75de10881c1bb8b0f4cc14f35c68563dc356
> Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
> System Description:	Ubuntu 15.10

This bug is marked as fixed in 26.1, but I don't think the feature was
ever added.  Maybe it would still be interesting to design a set of
generic history commands/bindings for use in grep/occur/compilation
buffers?